Basic Cross Back Apron in Polyester Poplin
This basic cross back apron was made as a prototype for a customer.
- you can do this yourself!
- please do post when you make your own
- apron uses about 1 yd of fabric
- this one is made from a remnant
- apron starts as a rectangle, just add straps and pockets
- for width, use your bust measurement and add 10" for ease, hems and overlap; adjust to suit your taste
- 2" straps cross in back and the apron goes on over your head
- straps cross near the bottom of the rib cage, most women's narrowest part, creating a flattering, feminine silhouette
- top edge is faced with the straps sandwiched
- pockets are cut as 10" squares set on the sides at hand level; adjust to your taste
- search "cross back apron" on the web, Pinterest, Youtube for more pictures and primers
- next version in linen; then a crazy-quilt motif
- Catherine Schmid Murphy